Campus Boekentoren, Jozef Plateaustraat 22, 9000 Gent, Jozef Plateauzaal
How to get there
From Brussels to Ghent by public transport
Those arriving by train or airplane in Brussels can take the direct train to Ghent Sint-Pieters (for the timetable, see the Belgian railways website, B-Rail).
From Ghent Sint-Pieters station you can take Tram 1 (runs every 6 minutes), until the stop Verloren Kost.
If you plan to go by car, inform yourself about Ghent’s Mobility Plan. The nearest parking is at P10 Sint-Pietersplein. The parking is located at 600 meter from Jozef Plateaustraat.
Please note that the summer months are Ghent’s top tourist season, so be sure to book your room well in advance!
For your convenience, we have listed a number of hotels which are in the centre of Ghent and in the vicinity of the conference venue. For more information, please consult their respective websites. Following the sustainability policy of Ghent University, we encourage participants to book a hotel with the green key eco-label.
Cheaper options include:
- Erasmus Hotel (www.erasmushotel.be, email@example.com)
- Hotel Onderbergen (www.hotelonderbergen.be, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ibis Gent Opera (www.ibis.com/en/hotel-1455-ibis-gent-centrum-opera/index.shtml, H1455email@example.com)
- Ibis Gent Kathedraal (www.ibis.com/en/hotel-0961-ibis-gent-centrum-st-baafs-kathedraal/index/.shtml, H0961firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Aanaajaanaa B&B (www.aanaajaanaa.be)
- Ecohostel Andromeda (http://www.ecohostel.be/english—ecohostel.html)
Midrange options include:
- Historic Hotels Belgium (www.historic-hotels-ghent.com, email@example.com)
- Novotel Gent Centrum (www.novotel.com/en/hotel-0840-novotel-gent-centrum/index.shtml, H0840firstname.lastname@example.org)
High end options include:
- Hotel Harmony (www.hotel-harmony.be, email@example.com)
- NH Gent Belfort (www.nh-hotels.com/hotel/nh-gent-belfort, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof (www.sandton.eu/gent, email@example.com)
The conference registration fees will be €50 for all participants and attendees.
Apart from the conference itself, please consider registering for the following two optional activities:
- On Friday evening July 6, 20h00, we offer all participants the opportunity to take a boat trip and visit a local brewery (around 20 euros, to be paid on site, for more information, click here).
- The farewell dinner on Saturday evening July 7 comes at an additional cost of 40 euros (to be paid in cash the first day of the conference). The dinner will take place at Lekker Gec, located at the very heart of historic Ghent.
Payment of the fees must be received by May 15, 2018
Cancellations received in writing by May 31, 2018 will secure a full refund, minus 20 % of the registration fee. Refunds of fees will not be made under any circumstances for cancellations after May 31, 2018.